University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global professional organization dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/).
In Swaziland, URC works with the Ministry of Health and other stakeholders to provide technical assistance for scaling up provision and access to comprehensive, integrated and decentralized HIV/TB services. URC is implementing the CDC-funded Strengthening Local capacity to deliver sustainable quality assured Universal coverage of clinical HIV/TB services in Lubombo region and provision of central level technical assistance to SNAP in the Kingdom of Swaziland under PEPFAR.
The Senior Program Officer: Care, Treatment and Training, will provide leadership for HIV related training, service integration with SRHU and NCD programs, strengthening of Pre-ART care and support services, site improvement systems and Regional Semi-Annual review meetings. The officer will participate in planning, developing, implementing and monitoring capacity building strategies for health care workers to provide quality assured HIV care.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide oversight and direction for coordinating HIV related training for both pre-service and in-service.
- In collaboration with implementing partners, provide technical support to scale up service integration in HIV clinics to include Family planning provision, and Non-communicable disease screening.
- Provide technical support to the HTS program officer to strengthen systems for linkage into care from HIV testing. The systems for linkage should address both HIV infected and HIV un-infected individuals. For patients linked to HIV care, Pre-ART services should be provided. These services should be comprehensive and include cotrimoxazole provision, and TB screening at a minimum.
- Foster programs geared at increasing support services such as nutrition, social support, mental health for PLHIV and strengthen referrals and linkages to these programs.
- In collaboration with the quality unity at SNAP, lead in development of Site Improvement Systems to facilitate the incorporation of Site Improvement through Monitoring (SIMS) assessments and use the findings to inform national interventions that address quality HIV service delivery.
- Provide leadership and technical support to the strategic information department (SID) to conduct the Regional Semi-Annual reviews (ReHSAR) for each region and synthesize the information generated to provide foundation for the National Semi-Annual reviews (NaHSAR).
- Oversee implementation of care and treatment services at facility level including coordination and support of mentorship activities.
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- Medical Doctor with training on HIV care and treatment
- At least 5 years of HIV care and management clinical experience
- At least three years of recent experience working at a program level of implementation.
- Knowledgeable of data collection techniques
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Medical Degree or PHD in public health with relevant experience in clinical or public health.
- Familiarity with the concepts, strategies, principles, policies, and practices of HIV/AIDS management programs.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to improve standards of care through innovating and facilitating change
- Leadership skills
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Swaziland for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume and cover letter to: P. O. Box 1404, Mbabane, Swaziland or email to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver to the URC offices at the Mbabane Office Park, Building 1, 3rdFloor, North Wing.
Due Date: 13 October 2016
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.