IHM is a regional development organization with a rigorous, evidence-based approach. Our professional staff includes experts in health informatics, monitoring and evaluation, operations research and health management information systems. IHM operates from 3 country offices in Lesotho, Swaziland and Zambia with its headquarters based in Mbabane, Swaziland. Our commitment to partnerships at every level and our multidisciplinary approach enable us to have a lasting impact on the individuals, communities and countries we serve, thereby improving lives for many people.
The Coordinating Assembly for Non-Governmental Organizations (CANGO) through support from the Global Fund grant – New
Funding Model (NFM) intends to improve the country’s key populations’ reporting systems. Key Populations to be included in the grant include Sex Workers (SW), Men having Sex with Men (MSM), and Transport Operators (T/O). The Global Fund grant is a three year grant which is currently at its inception stage. IHM has been subcontracted by CANGO to develop the KP/PIMS-Key Population Program Information Management System. We seek a qualified candidate for the position below:
M&E Officer –KP/PIMS (Key Population Program Information Management System (1 Vacancy)
Location: Mbabane, Swaziland
Reporting to: Technical Director/Project Coordinator
Salary: Depends on experience and qualifications
Assignment length: One Year (with renewal dependent on availability of funding)
Position Summary: To provide support towards the development of a comprehensive monitoring system for key populations in Swaziland, including review of tools, alignment of indicators, and supportive mentoring of implementers.
Review of tools and development of KP Community Tool:
- Review KP data collection tools, and align to single community based tool
- Participate in identification of appropriate KP indicators and benchmarks
- Conduct review meetings with KP implementers on single tool for data collection
- Conduct field testing of KP tool and revise accordingly
- Finalise KP tool and support the design of KP-PMIS in collaboration with Software Developer and Database Administrator.
Training of users of KP system
- Prepares users by conducting training
- Undertakes training of SRs using data collection tools, and other subjects as required.
- Providing information; resolving technical problems.
- Provides information by answering questions and running queries.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports related to KP programme
- Performs research, analyses data and prepares reports as necessary.
- Facilitate in monitoring and evaluation related meetings and prepares field and progress regularly.
Advisor for KP Programme System Development:
- Support the effectiveness of KP programming through the monitoring of appropriate indicators.
- Participate in the process of development of M&E system for KP in Swaziland.
- Provide strategic advice for monitoring and evaluation in KP
- Provide professional and technical advice on research, monitoring and evaluation needs of KP
- Bachelor’s degree in a development field, social science, economics, or relevant discipline.
- Postgraduate qualification in Public Health or related field, would be an added advantage
- At least five years’ experience working in monitoring and evaluation. Computer literate, statistical data analysis packages
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to summarize disparate information in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent research and data collection methodology skills
- Ability to create organizational work plans based on higher-level goals
- Ability to lead and coordinate multiple offices through multiple step processes without being a direct supervisor (although appropriate authority will be given)
- Skills in supporting staff with a variety of levels of knowledge and capabilities
- Strong organizational skills in order to balance competing priorities
- Ability to work independently to efficiently meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Oral and written communication skills to deal effectively with mid and high level partner contacts, the host government, and the local communities.
- Excellent computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet programs and database management
- Team player: Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully in a team environment.
To be considered for these positions, applicants should submit an Application Letter with CV to:
Attention: Human Resources
IHM-Swaziland, PO Box 6290, Mbabane H100
Or fax to 268-2404-0881 with subject line Attention: HR (vacancy title here)
Application Deadline: 07 October 2016
IHM is an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive remuneration packages commensurate with salary history plus outstanding benefits package. Decisions on employment will be based on an individual’s qualifications as related to the position for which s/he is being considered. IHM reserves the right not to appoint and only suitable candidates will be contacted. If you have not received any feedback within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.