Friday, 13 January 2017
Qualifications and Experience:
• At least a Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science from a recognized University.
• At least 5 years working experience in academic libraries at a senior level, preferably working in liaison with the public and in an ICT environment.
1. To co-ordinate and supervise professional services of the different departments for the three campus
2. To provide leadership in strategic planning, administration and allocation of library resources;
3. To co-ordinate all teaching and training responsibilities of the Library;
4. To co-ordinate and advocate for the strategic direction and activities related to Library automation, electronic and digital information;
5. To contribute to the management of the Library budget, staff and services of the University Library;
6. To contribute to the development and implementation of Library policies;
7. To identify and co-ordinate the evaluation of new and emerging technologies that support development of Library related ICT; and
8. To assume overall responsibility for the Library in the absence of the Librarian.
Permanent and Pensionable service after successful completion of two years on probation; 10% Recruitment and Retention Allowance, Housing/Housing allowance and Medical Aid contribution.
Two-year contract with a possibility of renewal by mutual consent subject to satisfactory performance plus Gratuity, 10% Recruitment and Retention Allowance, Housing/Housing Allowance, Medical Aid contribution and relocation expenses.
Applications with detailed CV, certified copies of academic and professional qualifications, academic transcripts and names and current email addresses of three referees should be sent to:
University of Swaziland
Private Bag 4