- Provide technical support as Automation Engineer to all manufacturing related areas within Conco. The associate must work as a team member in the manufacturing and engineering initiatives to identify areas of opportunity for process improvements. Must be able to identify root causes of failure, develop action plans to address agreed corrective actions, develop projects justifications, generate change control required documentation, obtain approval for changes and implements changes through capital projects or non-projects.
- The Automation Engineer must be knowledgeable in Siemens (S7300/400) and Allen Bradley PLC with hands-on experience as well as SCADA/HMI development and maintenance using Wonder ware In Touch and Simatic WINCC flexible. Must be able to install programs, and maintain the Automation network.
- Minimize control system downtime
- Implement documentation control procedures for control systems
- Implement controlled changes to the process control system
- Provide technical support to manufacturing and maintenance teams
- Conduct planned proactive maintenance on plant equipment, infrastructure and facilities
- Attend to Automation related breakdowns within minimum time period.
- Maintain in good working order all electronic process control equipment including, Programmable Logic Controllers (Siemens S7-300/400 and Allen Bradley (Micrologix 1500) etc.), micro-processor driven closed loop controllers (pressure, level, flow temperature etc.), low voltage sensing devices and others.
- Ensure correct parameter settings in all software controlled equipment e.g. D.C. speed control drives and A.C. frequency converters to ascertain the optimal performance of production line.
- Provide automation expertise for process support and project activities
- Report all equipment faults using SAP maintenance module or any other approved system
- Investigate the probability of future breakdowns and possible steps to avoid it (Failure Mode Analysis).
- Liaise with the various suppliers for the ordering of spare parts and Technical assistance.
- Maintain statistical process control for all line equipment to ensure control within acceptable limits.
- Maintain good house keeping at all times.
- Source, assess suitability and advise on procurement of automation equipment as required by associate departments.
- Design and implement any necessary changes to production lines with view to optimizing product handling.
- Carry out feasibility/cost analysis studies before carrying out any modifications or installations and submit these to Process Engineering Manager for evaluation and approval.
- Accommodate all changes and modifications to factory premises with a long and short term a view.
- Ensure that consultants and contractors who are working on installations within the factory adhere to The Coca-Cola Company standards and that machinery and components installed are serviceable and maintainable.
COMPUTER SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE
- Operate computer hardware (PC desktop and laptop’s) required for control, maintaining, debugging and fault finding on variety of different Programmable Logic Controllers.
- Ability to work on varying computer platforms such as (DOS, OS/2 and WINDOWS 95 / 98 / 200 & XP – operating systems).
- Undertake PLC software maintenance using dedicated programming languages (Allan Bradley Micrologix-1500, Siemens S7-300/400) as required in the plant.
- Transfer all software and machine/controller parameters on removable discs (magnetic tape or stiffy disks) to archive important information as to ensure security and prevent loss of machine settings.
- Carry out safety inspections as requested or instructed by the Process Engineering Manager.
- Attend company and departmental meetings when required to do so.
- Fully participate in company initiatives such as TCCQS, Evolution 3, MRPII, SHEQ
- Ensure that at all times the quality of workmanship actively contributes to meeting The Coca-Cola Company Standards as well as those set by the Conco Engineering Department.
- Ensure that every effort is made to attaining the required company and departmental efficiencies.
- Carry out any other duties assigned by the Process Engineering Manager or his designate
Previous Work Experience
- 2 to 5 year’s professional experience working with relevant control systems, preferably in a food or process environment.
Educational& Job Related Requirements
- Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Computer Science
- Quality Systems/Procedures
- Process validation/Commissioning
- Project Management
- Food and Beverage Manufacturing Laws
- Knowledge of Maintenance Management Systems
- PLC Programming experience essential
- Controlnet & devicenet competency preferable
- Scada programming experience essential
- Concentrate manufacturing/Filling Process knowledge an advantage
- SAP experience would be an advantage
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.